Birth It Up:
The C-Section Series
an online class to help you feel prepared for and at peace with your C-section birth
A C-section is birth.
Many mamas associate C-sections with failure — like there’s something “wrong” with them that’s getting in the way of having a “real” birth.
Girl, that’s society talking. And society is flat wrong. Delivering by C-section is giving birth, not just having surgery. That means you deserve childbirth education tailored to your specific needs.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series answers every what-if so you can approach your birth with confidence and a sense of control.
Adopt a positive mindset for a better C-section experience
Eliminate anxiety and fear about the procedure itself
Prepare your partner to offer calm, knowledgeable support
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is for mamas who want to:
Feel at ease about a birth experience that may be different from what you imagined
Discover how to make your C-section birth feel less surgical
Understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure
Know how to advocate for yourself and your baby during and after your C-section
Be educated about and ready for your unique recovery process
We’ve celebrated with thousands of families just like yours.
I took your BIU C-Section class. Having a twin pregnancy and some medical complications made a C-Section the right choice for our delivery. Your class was super informative and helped me feel prepared for what was going to happen!
6+ HOURS OF VIDEO-BASED LESSONS PLUS PRINTABLES AND DOWNLOADS
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series will help you:
Create a birth plan you're excited about
Find out how to:
- Use a birth plan to make your C-section feel less like a surgery
- Research your hospital’s birth statistics (and why they matter)
- Advocate for yourself and your baby throughout your delivery
Understand the "why" behind your C-section
Get in-depth knowledge about:
- Indications for C-sections
- Benefits and risks associated with C-section birth
- Situations that warrant an immediate call to your provider ahead of your C-section birth
Prep your body (and home!) for your C-section
Learn all you need to know about:
- What to pack in your hospital bag, taken straight from veteran C-section mamas
- What to do in the 24 hours leading up to your C-section to make it a smoother and easier process
- Prepping your home ahead of time for an easier transition and recovery after discharge
Know what to expect from the C-section itself
Take a behind-the-curtain look at:
- The entire C-section timeline, from pre-op to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- What you can expect in the two hours leading up to surgery
- What happens in the operating room (OR), when you’ll meet your baby, and what happens after
- What goes on after your baby is born and the closing-up process
- Why you’ll spend some time in PACU before heading to your postpartum recovery room
Feel comfortable during your hospital stay
Get informed about:
- What happens during your hospital stay after your C-section birth (along with practical tips to navigate it all)
- Breastfeeding as a C-section mama
- What to expect from the discharge process
Care for yourself and your incision
Feel totally informed about:
- What to expect in the first few weeks following your C-section
- Pain control, incision care, swelling, and when to call your doctor
- The role of postpartum bleeding, pain control, and incision care beyond the first week, plus red flags to look out for
Share the experience with your partner
Discover how C-sections look from a partner’s perspective, plus:
- Learn proactive steps they can take ahead of the big day
- Get tips on exactly how they can support you during recovery – physically and emotionally
Be ready to handle special situations
Feel informed about:
- What might happen in the event of a preterm birth
- Multiple births and C-sections
- Magnesium sulfate, why it’s used during some C-section births, and accompanying side effects
- Unplanned/emergent C-sections
- Postpartum hemorrhage
Understand implications for future pregnancies
Get the details you need about:
- When it’s safe to become pregnant again following a C-section birth
- Facts about vaginal birth after Cesarean delivery (VBAC), including risks and benefits.
Plus, you’ll also learn about…
- Prepare for the big day
- Know what to expect from your C-section birth
- Provide the postpartum support your partner needs
- Know what baby gear you need (and what you don’t)
- Feel empowered to feed your baby your way
- Be confident caring for your little one and yourself
- Find out if you’re eligible to VBAC
- Increase your odds of a successful VBAC
- Understand the risks and benefits of VBAC
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I've spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn't have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you'll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you purchase Birth It Up: The C-Section Series, you receive:
3+ hours of on-demand birthing videos taught by a labor and delivery nurse
2+ hours of newborn care guidance
Live demonstrations and visuals to aid in your learning
Additional resources curated specifically for C-section mamas
Support and encouragement from a private Facebook community moderated by labor and delivery nurses
30-day money back guarantee
Plus 9 printables:
- Provider Interview Questionnaire
- Hospital Tour Questionnaire
- Birth Plan Templates
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Baby Registry Checklist
- Postpartum Essentials Checklist
- Pediatrician Interview Questionnaire
- Breastfeeding Tracker
- Baby Growth Tracker
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from Mommy Labor Nurse you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
Your purchase is backed by our 30-day money-back guarantee. The only thing you have to lose is uncertainty.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Get straightforward information and game-changing tips from a labor and delivery nurse who has seen everything.
Rock your C-section birth!
Feel calm, confident, and in control throughout the entire process.
You might still be wondering…
When is the best time to take an online birthing class?
While you can take an online birthing class at any point in pregnancy, the best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester. This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of preterm labor.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
When does the class start and finish?
You have on-demand access to all the content as soon as you enroll! You can watch (and rewatch) the class whenever you want.
How long do I have access to the class?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class. This means that you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right! You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
How do I access the content?
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV. All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
Is this class helpful for my support person?
Yes! We have a specific lesson addressing exactly how your support person can help. We also guide you on which lessons are most important for partners to watch.
Is Birth It Up HSA/FSA eligible?
What if I have a question not covered in the class?
You can email us at email@example.com.
What if I'm unhappy with the class?
We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. If you are at all unhappy with your class, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund.
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances.