Birth It Up:
The C-Section Series
an online class to help you release anxiety and gain a sense of control for your C-section birth
A C-section is birth.
Many mamas associate C-sections with failure — like there’s something “wrong” with them that’s getting in the way of having a “real” birth.
Girl, that’s society talking. And society is flat wrong. Delivering by C-section is giving birth, not just having surgery. That means you deserve childbirth education tailored to your specific needs.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series answers every what-if so you can approach your birth with confidence and a sense of control.
Adopt a positive mindset for a better C-section experience
Eliminate anxiety and fear about the procedure itself
Prepare your partner to offer calm, knowledgeable support
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is for mamas who want to:
Feel at ease about a birth experience that may be different from what they imagined
Discover how to make their C-section birth feel less surgical
Understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure
Be educated about and ready for their unique recovery process
Learn the ins and outs of newborn care, too
We’ve helped thousands of mamas just like you!
I’m pregnant with twins and have a scheduled C-section in two weeks (both babies are transverse!).
I had a really hard time accepting that I’d need a C-section, but I’m so thankful I took your C-section class to help us better understand what to expect!
Your course single handedly gave me SO MUCH confidence, especially for the epidural for my planned C-section!!
I was so prepped for how to sit and relax that I swear the IV was worse than every other step!
Loving your C-section class! We are learning so much. Thank you for filling in the educational gap in this area!
I took your BIU C-Section class. Having a twin pregnancy and some medical complications made a C-Section the right choice for our delivery. Your class was super informative and helped me feel prepared for what was going to happen!
I took this series before my C-section and it helped me tremendously!! Thank you so much!!
C-section course success story! Baby was born on June 6th via planned Cesarean. It went so well – I knew exactly what to expect, what to ask for, and how to advocate for myself and baby.
So glad I took the course!
DID YOU KNOW?
Your health insurance might cover the cost of your birth class!
Yaaaas! More and more insurance plans (and nearly all HSAs!) are covering childbirth education.
But because coverage varies so widely – and online info is pretty vague – the best thing you can do is call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify.
The answer just might surprise you!
ON-DEMAND, VIDEO-BASED MODULES TAILORED TO YOUR CESAREAN BIRTH
The C-Section Series is broken into 8 self-paced lessons:
Lesson 1: Welcome Mama, Start Here!
- Learn how to get the most out of the class
- Receive a curated list of resources
- Access the private Facebook group
Lesson 2: Preparing For Your C-Section
- Find out what kind of research and prep work you should do before the big day
- Understand why a birth plan is still important for a C-section birth
- Receive guidance in creating a birth plan that you love
Lesson 3: C-Section Basics
- Get in-depth instruction on all the indications for a C-section
- Find out about ECVs and if one may be an option for you
- Fully understand the risks and benefits of your C-section birth
- Learn when to call your provider in the weeks leading up to birth
Lesson 4: The Big Day
- Know exactly what to pack in your C-section hospital bag (with insight from veteran moms!)
- Get a play-by-play for the 24 hours leading up to your scheduled delivery
- Learn what happens when you arrive for the pre-op process
- Find out every single thing that will happen during your C-section to get baby out safely
- Understand how you’ll feel immediately after and what we’ll be looking out for in the PACU
Lesson 5: Postpartum Recovery
- Learn about the typical postpartum hospital stay after a C-section
- Get detailed info about your recovery in the first week
- Find out exactly when to contact your provider post surgery
- Understand what to expect in the first 6 to 8 weeks of your recovery
Lesson 6: Partner Support
A specific lesson JUST for partners to make sure they understand their role in your birth. They’ll:
- Learn proactive things they can do ahead of the big day to help your mindset
- Know how things will go down from their perspective every step of the way
- Find out exactly what they can do for you in your recovery process to support you physically and mentally
Lesson 7: Special Circumstances
- Learn what to expect if preterm birth happens to you
- Special module for mamas of multiples
- Get educated about magnesium sulfate and why you may need it
- Find out about the risk of postpartum hemorrhage
- Access a special module all about potential future pregnancies, births, and VBACs
Lesson 8: Baby’s Hospital Stay
- Know what to expect for baby in the first 48 hours after birth
- Find out what’s normal and not for your newborn’s appearance and behavior
- Get a detailed guide to newborn procedures, common complications, and all of baby’s “firsts”
BUT, WE WOULDN’T BE DOING OUR JOB IF WE STOPPED THERE.
Bonus Video Content:
Newborn Basics 101
A 2.5 hour bonus section to prepare you and your partner to hit the ground running as new parents.
- Learn the ins and outs of diapering your baby
- Feel confident giving your baby their first bath and caring for their skin
- Get information about the basics of feeding your baby including high-level overviews of: breastfeeding, supplementing, formula feeding, and bottle feeding
- Know all the tips and tricks to spot and manage burping, gas, spit up, reflux, and allergies
- Find out about newborn checkups and development
- Learn what’s normal and what’s not when it comes to crying, pacifiers, and colic
- Be prepared to deal with your baby’s first cold or other illness
Go-To Guide for Partners
Mentioned above, Lesson 6 is a special bonus section just for partners that teases out the absolute, need-to-know info so they’re ready to be your unwavering support person before, during, and after the big day.
Tips from Veteran C-Section Moms
A special bonus section with tips and tricks from veteran C-section mamas inside of our Mommy Labor Nurse community.
It’s here to empower you to rock your C-section birth with total confidence and know you are not alone!
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN, RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I’ve spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn’t have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you’ll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN, RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you invest in Birth It Up: The C-Section Series, you receive:
3+ hours of on-demand birthing videos taught by a labor and delivery nurse
2+ hours of newborn care guidance
Immediate and lifetime access to Birth It Up: The C-Section Series
Live demonstrations and visuals to aid in your learning
Additional resources curated specifically for C-section mamas
Support and encouragement from a private Facebook community moderated by labor and delivery nurses
Exclusive printables to support your education
The ability to switch to another class for free if your needs change
30-day, money-back guarantee
Plus the peace of mind you deserve!
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from MLN you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
And remember, if anything about your birth plan changes between now and your delivery – we’ll swap you into a different class for FREE.
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
Your purchase is backed by our 30-day, money-back guarantee. The only thing you have to lose is uncertainty.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Get straightforward information and game-changing tips from a labor and delivery nurse who has seen it all.
3. Rock your C-section birth!
Feel calm, confident, and in control throughout the entire process.
You might still be wondering…
Will this class help if I am a second (+) time mom?
We’ve had thousands of veteran moms take our online birth classes because they wanted to make sure things were different the second time around.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is a great choice for veteran mamas that have either never had a C-section before, or who want to have a more controlled and calm experience than a previous, unplanned C-section.
If you’re unsure if the class will help for your specific situation, feel free to shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will this class help my support person?
When should I take a birth class?
Let me start off by saying this: there is no wrong time to take a birth class! But if we had to pick – the very best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester.
This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of a preterm delivery.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
However! If you’re past that point in your pregnancy, know that it is definitely not too late. This class is totally bingeable, and it’s never too late to get the confidence and peace of mind you’re craving.
How long do I have access to the class?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class.
This means you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right.
You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
How do I access the content?
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV.
All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
I’m already more than 36 weeks pregnant, is it too late?
Mama, you deserve to feel calm and excited before the big day – there is time!
Is this class HSA/FSA eligible or covered by insurance?
All Birth It Up classes (Natural, Epidural, and C-Section) are eligible for HSA/FSA reimbursement under most insurance plans. Be sure to ask your insurance provider about coverage and documentation requirements.
Some insurance plans may cover the cost entirely or reimburse a portion of the class enrollment. We’re happy to see legislation changing on this at the state level – with more than 14 state Medicaid plans covering the cost of childbirth education.
Reach out to your insurance provider directly to find out about your unique situation.
If you need documentation or information from us for your reimbursement simply email email@example.com.
What if I have a question that’s not answered in the class?
We’re not going to leave you hanging! You can post your question in the private Birth It Up Facebook Group associated with the class. It’s an amazing aspect of enrolling in a class and is moderated by our team of labor and delivery nurses.
Or you can shoot us an email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if things change and I end up planning for a vaginal birth instead?
No problem at all! We will swap you into a different birth class for free.
Simply email us at email@example.com.
What if I’m unhappy with the class?
We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
If you are at all unhappy with your class, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund.
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances