Birth It Up:
The C-Section Series
an online class to help you feel prepared for and at peace with your C-section birth
A C-section is birth.
Many mamas associate C-sections with failure — like there’s something “wrong” with them that’s getting in the way of having a “real” birth.
Girl, that’s society talking. And society is flat wrong. Delivering by C-section is giving birth, not just having surgery. That means you deserve childbirth education tailored to your specific needs.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series answers every what-if so you can approach your birth with confidence and a sense of control.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is for mamas who want to:
We’ve celebrated with thousands of families just like yours.
6+ HOURS OF VIDEO-BASED LESSONS PLUS PRINTABLES AND DOWNLOADS
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series will help you:
Create a birth plan you're excited about
- Use a birth plan to make your C-section feel less like a surgery
- Research your hospital’s birth statistics (and why they matter)
- Advocate for yourself and your baby throughout your delivery
Understand the "why" behind your C-section
- Indications for C-sections
- Benefits and risks associated with C-section birth
- Situations that warrant an immediate call to your provider ahead of your C-section birth
Prep your body (and home!) for your C-section
- What to pack in your hospital bag, taken straight from veteran C-section mamas
- What to do in the 24 hours leading up to your C-section to make it a smoother and easier process
- Prepping your home ahead of time for an easier transition and recovery after discharge
Know what to expect from the C-section itself
- The entire C-section timeline, from pre-op to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- What you can expect in the two hours leading up to surgery
- What happens in the operating room (OR), when you’ll meet your baby, and what happens after
- What goes on after your baby is born and the closing-up process
- Why you’ll spend some time in PACU before heading to your postpartum recovery room
Feel comfortable during your hospital stay
- What happens during your hospital stay after your C-section birth (along with practical tips to navigate it all)
- Breastfeeding as a C-section mama
- What to expect from the discharge process
Care for yourself and your incision
- What to expect in the first few weeks following your C-section
- Pain control, incision care, swelling, and when to call your doctor
- The role of postpartum bleeding, pain control, and incision care beyond the first week, plus red flags to look out for
Share the experience with your partner
- Learn proactive steps they can take ahead of the big day
- Get tips on exactly how they can support you during recovery – physically and emotionally
Be ready to handle special situations
- What might happen in the event of a preterm birth
- Multiple births and C-sections
- Magnesium sulfate, why it’s used during some C-section births, and accompanying side effects
- Unplanned/emergent C-sections
- Postpartum hemorrhage
Understand implications for future pregnancies
- When it’s safe to become pregnant again following a C-section birth
- Facts about vaginal birth after Cesarean delivery (VBAC), including risks and benefits.
Plus, you’ll also learn about…
- Prepare for the big day
- Know what to expect from your C-section birth
- Provide the postpartum support your partner needs
- Know what baby gear you need (and what you don’t)
- Feel empowered to feed your baby your way
- Be confident caring for your little one and yourself
- Find out if you’re eligible to VBAC
- Increase your odds of a successful VBAC
- Understand the risks and benefits of VBAC
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I've spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn't have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you'll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you purchase Birth It Up: The C-Section Series, you receive:
Plus 9 printables:
- Provider Interview Questionnaire
- Hospital Tour Questionnaire
- Birth Plan Templates
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Baby Registry Checklist
- Postpartum Essentials Checklist
- Pediatrician Interview Questionnaire
- Breastfeeding Tracker
- Baby Growth Tracker
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from Mommy Labor Nurse you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Rock your C-section birth!
You might still be wondering…
When is the best time to take an online birthing class?
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
When does the class start and finish?
How long do I have access to the class?
How do I access the content?
Is this class helpful for my support person?
Is Birth It Up HSA/FSA eligible?
What if I have a question not covered in the class?
What if I'm unhappy with the class?
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances.