Um, that’s a big needle.
OK, girl… Even if you’re 100% certain you want an epidural, it’s 100% normal to be nervous about the process.
The key to eliminating fear is knowing what to expect. (Liiiiike, yes it’s a big needle. But you probably won’t feel it!)
Unfortunately, most childbirth classes barely touch on the topic of epidurals — if they even mention them at all. But we believe you deserve birth education tailored to your specific needs.
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series will erase every unknown, so you can feel confident and in control on your big day.
Feel comfortable with the entire epidural procedure
Know how to manage your pain before your epidural is placed
Prepare your partner to offer calm, knowledgeable support
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series is for mamas who want to:
Receive positive birth education specific to your goal of having an epidural
Be excited, not anxious, heading into labor
Understand the benefits, potential side effects, and what to expect from your epidural placement
Have a step-by-step playbook for how epidural births typically unfold
Feel at ease, even if things don’t go as planned
We’ve celebrated with thousands of families just like yours.
I took your epidural course and gave birth to my little man in May 2021. Your course made me feel prepared and even excited for labor! I was able to stay calm and breathe deeply through my painful contractions.
From breathing through contractions to the epidural process itself to pushing, I felt SO knowledgeable throughout the entire labor process which really made for a positive experience as a first-time mom.
My husband and I bought your Birth It Up: Epidural course, and me being a person with debilitating anxiety, gave birth with no panic attack! Knowledge is power!
12+ HOURS OF VIDEO-BASED LESSONS PLUS PRINTABLES AND DOWNLOADS
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series will help you:
Create a birth plan you're excited about
Discover how to:
- Design your birth plan with confidence, knowing you’ve left nothing to chance
- Talk with your partner about your wishes
- Research your hospital’s birth statistics (and why they matter)
- Advocate for yourself during birth
Understand what your body does during birth
Feel fully informed about:
- How to encourage spontaneous labor
- What contractions do and what they feel like
- Why your baby’s positioning matters
- What happens when your water breaks
- Signs of a medical emergency
Know exactly when to head to the hospital
And understand what comes next:
- Restrictions related to eating, drinking, IV use, and movement during labor and delivery
- Cervical checks, monitoring, and what might happen if your baby becomes distressed
- Conversations about augmentation and induction
Get empowered with pain control tips that work
Learn all you need to know about:
- Managing pain before your epidural is placed
- The benefits of epidurals and how safe they are
- The entire epidural procedure so you know what to expect
- Potential epidural side effects
- Various labor positions to try before and after your epidural is placed
- How to prepare your partner to support you through labor
Adopt a natural birth mindset if you have to
Be ready for anything by getting:
- An overview of what an unmedicated birth is like — just in case you progress too quickly to receive an epidural
- Mental strategies and mindset tips to help you cope with the pain of labor
Be a pro when it comes time to push
Receive no-nonsense guidance on:
- Various pushing positions that work well during epidural births
- Different pushing methods and which might work best for you
- Unique, actionable steps to make your pushing more effective when you have an epidural in place
Feel prepped for postpartum
Find out what no one tells you about:
- What to expect in the hours, days, and weeks after birth
- Perineal and vaginal tears
- Common (and strange!) postpartum symptoms
- Postpartum mental health and red flags to be aware of
Be at peace changing your plan if you need to
Know what to expect if:
- A C-section is necessary for your, or your baby’s, safety
- You’re delivering vaginally after a previous C-section (VBAC)
- You’re having multiples
- Your baby is in a breech position
- You experience preterm labor
Plus these bonus lessons.
- Prepare for the big day
- Know what to expect from labor and delivery
- Provide the postpartum support your partner needs
- Know what baby gear you need (and what you don’t)
- Feel empowered to feed your baby your way
- Be confident caring for your little one and yourself
Induction of Labor
- Prepare for your induction
- Know what to expect from the process
- Shift to a positive mindset
- Get answers to all your twin birth questions
- Know what to expect from your vaginal or C-section twin delivery
- Understand why your delivery plans could change
- Find out if you’re eligible to VBAC
- Increase your odds of a successful VBAC
- Understand the risks and benefits of VBAC
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I've spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn't have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you'll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN-RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you purchase Birth It Up: The Epidural Series, you receive:
10+ hours of on-demand birthing videos taught by a labor and delivery nurse
2+ hours of newborn care guidance
Live demonstrations and visuals to aid in your learning
Support and encouragement from a private Facebook community moderated by labor and delivery nurses
30-day money back guarantee
Plus 13 printables:
- Birth Affirmations
- Provider Interview Questionnaire
- Hospital Tour Questionnaire
- Birth Plan Templates
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Natural Induction Cheat Sheet
- Contraction Tips
- Baby Registry Checklist
- Postpartum Essentials Checklist
- Pediatrician Interview Questionnaire
- Breastfeeding Tracker
- Baby Growth Tracker
- Support Person Cheat Sheet
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from Mommy Labor Nurse you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
Your purchase is backed by our 30-day money-back guarantee. The only thing you have to lose is uncertainty.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Get straightforward information and game-changing tips from a labor and delivery nurse who has seen everything.
3. Rock your epidural birth!
Feel calm, confident, and in control throughout the entire process.
You might still be wondering…
I'm not sure if I want a natural birth or an epidural. What class should I choose?
If you’re unsure we recommend enrolling in The Epidural Series. This class will give you a deep dive into the epidural procedure so that you know exactly what to expect if you do get one – but it also teaches about the mindset of coping with the pain of labor and will equip you with dozens of natural pain-coping strategies and tips, too.
The Natural Series does cover medical pain interventions from an unbiased perspective, but it’s really geared for those mamas that know their goal is to birth without an epidural.
Note: If at any point during your pregnancy your birth goals or needs change, or you find yourself with a scheduled C-section, simply email email@example.com.
We will swap you into a different class at no additional cost! Our goal is to help you have an even better birth – no matter how you deliver.
When does the class start and finish?
You have on-demand access to all the content as soon as you enroll! You can watch (and rewatch) the class whenever you want.
How long do I have access to the class?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class. This means that you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right! You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
How do I access the content?
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV. All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
When is the best time to take an online birthing class?
While you can take an online birthing class at any point in pregnancy, the best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester. This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of preterm labor.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
Is this class helpful for my support person?
Yes! We have a specific lesson addressing exactly how your support person can help. We also guide you on which lessons are most important for partners to watch.
Is Birth It Up HSA/FSA eligible?
What if I have a question not covered in the class?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I'm unhappy with the class?
We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. If you are at all unhappy with your class, simply contact email@example.com for a full refund.
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances.