Already Know You Want An Epidural?
Make it an informed epidural birth.
An online birth class for mamas that are planning an epidural birth.
You Deserve Birth Education That's Tailored To Your Needs!
As you start to research your options, have you noticed a trend? Most online birth classes are either geared for mamas that want to go natural, or they’re super generic. What gives?
We know that childbirth education leads to a more positive birth experience. So a birth class that suits your specific needs only makes sense.
- Get educated about the entire birth process from your first contraction through your hospital stay after birth
- Learn how to manage the pain of labor before your epidural is placed
- Discover the benefits, potential side effects, and what to expect from your epidural placement
- Erase every ounce of unknown and fear surrounding your birth
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series will leave you feeling confident and in control for the big day.
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series is for pregnant mamas who:
Thousands of mamas have had a better birth, just like you!
"I was beyond grateful for you putting in the sections on 'if' you happen to go unmedicated in the epidural series!
It was empowering, and I thank you for the confidence and knowledge of 'I CAN and I WILL do this.'"
"This course was incredible for both my partner and I.
All in all, an amazing experience. I had the absolute best support I could ever ask for. And the best outcome happened- we met the love of our lives."
"As first-time parents-to-be, we came into this with very little knowledge and we are so happy with how much we've learned.
While we are still anxiously awaiting our little one's arrival, we have peace of mind in knowing we are well-educated and ready to take on the next chapter together!"
11 video-based lessons to get you totally prepared on your schedule, from the comfort of your own home.
We know that fitting an in-person birth class into your schedule at a time that works for you and your partner can feel impossible. And remembering everything they teach miiiight be even harder.
- Understand the terminology used throughout the class
- Learn about the importance of a healthy mind and positive outlook
- Hear about the story of my first birth
- Learn about why I created a class just for epidural mamas
- Discover a bit about my credentials and experience working in labor and delivery
- Discover how to have a meaningful discussion with your provider about your birth wishes
- Learn how to research your hospital’s birth stats, and why they matter
- Understand EXACTLY how to advocate for yourself during birth
- Get support with filling out your birth plan
- Find out exactly when to call your provider during pregnancy, and signs of a medical emergency
- Understand how to prep your body and encourage spontaneous labor
- Learn about different types of contractions and what they feel like
- Gain knowledge of the anatomy of labor, and what exactly is going on when contractions start
- Discover the different ways baby can be positioned, and how baby’s position can impact your birth
- Know exactly what happens when your water breaks and how it can often accelerate your labor
- Discover exactly when you need to head to the hospital and what happens when you arrive
- Learn about cervical checks, monitoring, and a bit about inductions, too
- Get information about fetal distress and what might happen if baby is unstable during labor
- Understand restrictions related to eating and drinking, IV use, and movement during labor and delivery
- Learn about how to manage the pain of labor before your epidural is placed
- Discover the benefits of epidurals and how safe they are
- Understand potential side effects related to epidural use
- Get knowledge about the entire epidural procedure so you know what to expect
- Learn about various labor positions for before and after your epidural is placed
- Benefit from a special section dedicated to preparing partners to support you during labor
- Get an overview of what an unmedicated birth is like just in case things move to quickly and an epidural isn’t possible
- Learn about mental strategies and mindset tips to help you cope with the pain of labor
- Erase anxieties and get you mentally ready to rock your birth no matter how it unfolds
- Learn about the different pushing positions and what works well during epidural births
- Understand the different methods of pushing, and which might work for you
- Get unique, actionable tips to make your pushing more effective when you have an epidural in place
- Learn what to expect in the hours, days, and weeks after birth
- Get educated about perineal and vaginal tearing during birth
- Understand common (and strange!) postpartum symptoms
- Gain knowledge about postpartum mental health, and red flags to be aware of
- Learn what to expect if a C-section is necessary for you and baby’s safety
- Access special, specific info for any VBAC mamas
- Understand what it means if your baby is in a breech position
- Discover how magnesium can impact your birth experience
- Get an overview of preterm birth and what to expect if that happens to you
- Finish the course with a special, motivational message
- You’re ready to Birth It Up!
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series includes:
All the answers about "Birth it Up: The Epidural Series"
You have full, on-demand, lifetime access as soon as you enroll! That means you can start or revisit the course whenever you want for life.
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class. This means that you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right! You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV. All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
If you are unsure, we recommend enrolling in Birth It Up: The Natural Series. The Natural Series still includes comprehensive information related to epidurals and other medical pain interventions but will also prepare you to go natural if you decide that is the best fit for you!
Birth It Up: The Epidural Series is designed for mamas that are certain they want an epidural and covers the epidural process with more detail.
Yes! We have a specific section addressing exactly how your support person can help. There’s also a guide within the class that recommends which sections are most important for partners to watch if they do not want to watch the whole class.
While you can take an online birthing class at any point in pregnancy, we think the best time is at the end of your 2nd trimester/early in the 3rd trimester. This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you are prepared in the event of a pre-term delivery. With our lifetime access, you can even do quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.