Birth It Up:
The Natural Series
an online class to help you feel strong and ready for your unmedicated, epidural-free birth
Wanting a natural birth isn’t always enough.
Many mamas fall into the trap of wanting a natural birth without fully preparing for a natural birth. Often, that results in an epidural (and plenty of disappointment).
And girl, there’s nothing wrong with having an epidural! But if your dream is to go natural, you need straightforward birth education so you know exactly what it takes.
Birth It Up: The Natural Series will help you feel — and stay — confident and in control during your unmedicated birth.
Eliminate anxiety and fear about
labor and delivery
Know how to manage your pain — physically and mentally
Prepare your partner to offer calm support and advocacy
Birth It Up: The Natural Series is for mamas who want to:
Have the tools they need to give birth without an epidural
Know what to expect from the entire birth process
Be excited, not anxious heading into labor
Feel empowered by tons of natural pain-coping and pushing techniques
Get educated about epidurals, inductions, C-sections, and tons more – just in case
Learn about postpartum and newborn care, too
We’ve helped thousands of mamas just like you!
Just had my all natural water birth and it was a dream! I labored for awhile outside the tub utilizing the breathing techniques I learned in your Natural course.
After about 5-6 intense contractions in the pool, my body started to naturally push my daughter out.
It was such an amazing experience and everything I wanted for my second birth! Thank you for your course and all your content ❤️
Your Birth It Up course helped me in the last month of pregnancy feel confident about going into labor as a first-time mom. Things didn’t go as planned and I had to be induced…but my husband and I were prepared for all scenarios from the info in your natural series class!
I had an epidural with my first when I really didn’t want to. My second I was determined to have an unmedicated birth. I took your natural class and was in a much better mindset this time. I had the tools I needed, and I did it! A non-medicated birth!
Thanks for being awesome and creating this fantastic class and platform!
The way you taught me to breathe and focus in your course saved me. I only pushed twice and then our sweet girl was in my arms. Thank you so much for the confidence you gave me going into labor!
I DID IT! I had a natural vaginal birth without the use of an epidural! I am beyond proud of myself and I definitely could not have done it without your amazing course. Thank you!
I am so thankful for your BIU natural series! I was able to have a successful all natural, non-medicated birth.
I felt prepared for the unknown and wasn’t scared going into labor after taking your course.
I am so proud of myself for being able to stick to my birth plan! Thank you for empowering me to have the birth of my dreams!
DID YOU KNOW?
Your health insurance might cover the cost of your birth class!
Yaaaas! More and more insurance plans (and nearly all HSAs!) are covering childbirth education.
But because coverage varies so widely – and online info is pretty vague – the best thing you can do is call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify.
The answer just might surprise you!
ON-DEMAND, VIDEO-BASED MODULES THAT TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR HOSPITAL’S BIRTH CLASS – AND THEN SOME!
The Natural Series is broken into 12 self-paced lessons:
Lesson 1: Welcome Mama, Start Here!
- Learn how to get the most out of the class
- Receive a curated list of resources
- Access the private Facebook group
Lesson 2: The Mentality of Going Natural
- Get empowered by learning the benefits of laboring without an epidural
- Eliminate fear by adopting the right mindset
- Get PUMPED for labor (yes, really!)
Lesson 3: Research and Planning
- Learn about the roles of all the professionals on your birth team
- Gain insight into choosing a provider (or evaluating if yours is a good fit!)
- Consider where you’re giving birth and spot potential red flags
- Find out how to advocate for yourself and be an active member of your care team
- Get support creating your birth plan
- Pack a hospital bag with the help of an L&D nurse
Lesson 4: The Final Weeks
- Get educated about third-trimester monitoring and tests
- Find out how to deal with common third trimester discomforts
- Learn exactly when to call your provider and spot red flags
- Know about the signs, risks, and protocol of preterm labor
Lesson 5: The Anatomy of Pregnancy
- Health class basics we all forget – female and pregnancy anatomy
- Learn all about baby’s position and why it matters
- Find out the importance of spontaneous labor
Lesson 6: Natural Ways to Induce Labor
- Find out about the role of prepping your body for labor when it comes to natural induction
- Learn 20+ evidence-based techniques that may induce labor
- Discover what specialists you can see to help get things going
Lesson 7: The Anatomy of Labor
- Get a deep dive into the labor timeline and process
- Learn ALL about contractions, how they work, what they feel like, how you’ll know you’re in labor, and more
- Discover the ins and outs of your water breaking
- Know exactly what to expect when you arrive at your birth place in labor
- Get an overview of special considerations and scenarios so you’re prepared for whatever birth has in store
Lesson 8: Pain Coping Techniques
- Learn about different breathing techniques and how/when to use them during labor
- Find out about the power of relaxation techniques and specific ones you can use during labor
- Understand the mental component of birthing without an epidural and how to tap into that strength
- Get a guide to different labor positions to do on your own or with your partner
- Have a plan for what to do if you feel like you just can’t do it anymore (spoiler: you can!)
- Access explicit info and tips for back labor, in case that happens to you
- Get unbiased education on pharmaceutical pain options (including epidurals!) just in case
Lesson 9: Pushing and Delivery
- Deep dive into pushing and find out when it happens, different methods, what to expect, pushing positions, and more!
- Learn the specifics of tearing, the chance of it happening, and how to reduce your risk
- Find out about the third stage of labor – delivering your placenta
- Get an overview of potential complications and what to expect if they happen to you
Lesson 10: Unplanned C-Sections
- Understand the most common reasons for unplanned C-sections
- Find out the difference between emergency and non-emergency C-sections
- Learn how things will unfold in the operating room in case you find yourself there unexpectedly
- Get insight into the C-section recovery process
Lesson 11: Your Hospital Stay
- Learn exactly what to expect in the first 48 hours after birth
- Know what to expect for baby in the first 48 hours after birth
- Find out what’s normal and not for your newborn’s appearance and behavior
- Get tips for how to make the most of your hospital stay
- Know what to expect surrounding going home
Lesson 12: Your Postpartum Recovery
- Get an overview of postpartum essentials to stock up on now
- Learn about your physical and mental recovery for the first 6 weeks after birth
- Discover what to expect beyond 6 weeks
- Know about common postpartum symptoms you may experience
- Learn when to call your provider and spot red flags postpartum
- Get a special message from Liesel about adjusting to your new normal
BUT, WE WOULDN’T BE DOING OUR JOB IF WE STOPPED THERE.
Bonus Video Content:
Newborn Basics 101
A 2.5 hour bonus section to prepare you and your partner to hit the ground running as new parents.
- Learn the ins and outs of diapering your baby
- Feel confident giving your baby their first bath and caring for their skin
- Get information about the basics of feeding your baby including high-level overviews of: breastfeeding, supplementing, formula feeding, and bottle feeding
- Know all the tips and tricks to spot and manage burping, gas, spit up, reflux, and allergies
- Find out about newborn checkups and development
- Learn what’s normal and what’s not when it comes to crying, pacifiers, and colic
- Be prepared to deal with your baby’s first cold or other illness
Go-To Guide for Partners
- Learn what they can do ahead of time to prepare for birth mentally, advocate for their partner, and help you manage the pain of labor
- Access a printable cheat sheet with concrete ways to support their partner during birth
- Get the cliff notes version of the labor and delivery timeline so they’re not caught off guard
- Know exactly how to support you in the 6 weeks after birth
All About Medical Induction of Labor
A bonus section to prepare you for a medical induction of labor if that ends up being what’s best. You’ll:
- Learn what an induction is and how it works
- Understand the risks and benefits of a labor induction
- Discover the different methods of induction
- Know what to expect with a step-by-step overview of what will happen at your induction
- Find out about differences in recovery after an induction
VBAC Deep Dive
- Get a high-level overview of VBACs
- Learn exactly how to increase your chance of a successful VBAC
- Understand the risks and benefits associated with VBACs
- Access a curated list of resources to aid in your success
Giving Birth to Twins
- Learn about the different types of twins and why this matters for birth
- Find out how you’ll deliver your twins
- Understand potential complications that can arise during twin birth
- Get special information to prepare for your twin birth, and beyond!
Meet Your Instructor
Liesel Teen, BSN, RN
As a labor and delivery nurse, I’ve spent countless hours with women who felt anxious — even fearful — about giving birth. I want you to know it doesn’t have to be that way for you!
When you know what to expect and have the tools to navigate the experience, you’ll have a better birth — no matter how you deliver.
Liesel Teen, BSN, RN
Founder, Mommy Labor Nurse
When you invest in Birth It Up: The Natural Series, you receive:
10+ hours of on-demand videos taught by an L&D nurse covering the final weeks, birth, postpartum, and more!
2+ hours of newborn care guidance
Immediate and lifetime access to Birth It Up: The Natural Series
Live demonstrations and visuals to aid in your learning
Support and encouragement from a private Facebook community moderated by labor and delivery nurses
Exclusive printables to support your education
The ability to switch to another class for free if your needs change
30-day, money-back guarantee
Plus the peace of mind you deserve!
Why take an online birth class?
Finding an in-person birth class that fits into your schedule can feel impossible.
And remembering everything you learn can be even tougher.
With a class from MLN you can:
Learn at your own pace, when it's convenient for you
Revisit the content until you feel completely prepared
Use the key takeaways at the end of each lesson for a quick review
And remember, if anything about your birth plan changes between now and your delivery – we’ll swap you into a different class for FREE.
You’ve got this, mama!
1. Access the class.
Your purchase is backed by our 30-day, money-back guarantee. The only thing you have to lose is uncertainty.
2. Erase the unknowns.
Get straightforward information and game-changing tips from a labor and delivery nurse who has seen it all.
3. Rock your natural birth!
Feel calm, confident, and in control throughout the entire process.
You might still be wondering…
What class should I choose if I don’t know if I want an epidural or not?
If you’re unsure, we recommend enrolling in The Epidural Series. This class will give you a deep dive into the epidural procedure so that you know exactly what to expect if you do get one – but it also teaches about the mindset of coping with the pain of labor and will equip you with dozens of natural pain-coping strategies and tips, too.
The Natural Series does cover medical pain interventions from an unbiased perspective, but it’s really geared for those mamas that know their goal is to birth without an epidural.
Note: If at any point during your pregnancy your birth goals or needs change, or you find yourself with a scheduled C-section, simply email email@example.com.
We will swap you into a different class at no additional cost! Our goal is to help you have an even better birth – no matter how you deliver.
Will this class help if I am a second (+) time mom?
Yes! We have had thousands of veteran moms take our online birth classes because they wanted to make sure things were different the second time around.
Birth It Up: The Natural Series is a great choice for veteran mamas that are hoping to have a redemptive birth experience, want to have the tools and strategies they need to birth without an epidural this time around, are hoping to have an unmedicated VBAC, and more!
If you’re unsure if the class will help for your specific situation, feel free to shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will this class help if I live outside the continental U.S.?
Definitely! Over 90% of the content is applicable wherever you are giving birth.
The timeline of birth, anatomy of contractions, pain-coping tips and strategies, pushing, recovery, and more is the same everywhere!
We have had mamas take the class from Australia, Europe, Asia, South America, the Caribbean, Canada, and everywhere in between!
Will this class prepare me for an unplanned C-section?
Of course! Birth It Up: The Natural series focuses on helping you achieve your goal of a non-epidural birth, but we know that things don’t always go as planned.
That’s why there is an entire lesson dedicated to unplanned C-sections. You’ll learn what might warrant a C-section, the difference between emergency (emergent) C-sections, and non-emergent C-sections, what the timeline and process will look and feel like, and what to expect from recovery.
We recommend every mama get educated about C-sections just in case it winds up being safest for you! That’s why this lesson is included in the class.
Will this class prepare me if I need an induction?
Yes! We know that around ⅓ of all mamas will need to be medically induced. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still achieve your goal of birthing without an epidural!
When you enroll in Birth It Up: The Natural Series, your curriculum includes an entire bonus lesson specific to medical induction. This way, if your provider ends up recommending that for you, you can access the material instantly to feel confident and prepared!
Will this class teach me pain-coping techniques?
Of course! One of the main things that sets Birth It Up: The Natural Series apart is the extensive focus on mindset strategies, natural pain-coping techniques, breathing techniques, and relaxation strategies.
After completing this class, you will have a toolbox FULL of the game-changing strategies and tips you need to handle the pain and have the birth you’re hoping for!
Will this class help my support person?
Definitely! One of the aspects of Birth It Up: The Natural Series you’ll love is the fact that there is a special bonus lesson designed for partners.
This way, if they don’t complete the entire class with you, you’ll know they’ve got the specific knowledge they need to understand the timeline of birth and how to best support you!
In that lesson, they’ll get a cheatsheet of support techniques, learn how to help you cope with tough contractions, get a crash course in the anatomy of labor, and understand what they can do during postpartum, too.
Will this class help me if I’m hoping to VBAC?
Yes, mama! Here at MLN we love a good VBAC and want to empower you to make that a reality if it’s safe for you. That’s why Birth It Up: The Natural Series includes a special bonus lesson with info just for my VBAC mamas.
If you’re interested in reading testimonials from other mamas that have taken this class and gotten their VBAC, email email@example.com
When should I take a birth class?
Let me start off by saying this: there is no wrong time to take a birth class! But if we had to pick – the very best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester.
This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of preterm labor.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
However! If you’re past that point in your pregnancy, know that it is definitely not too late. The birth preparation aspect of the course is around 8 hours long – and totally bingeable in a weekend. You too can feel calm, excited, and actually ready for labor to start.
How long do I have access to the class?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class.
This means you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right.
You can even access it again as you prepare for future births!
How do I access the content?
You can access this class on your phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, and/or smart TV.
All Mommy Labor Nurse classes are housed in the online learning platform Teachable.
I’m already more than 36 weeks pregnant, is it too late?
It is definitely not too late! The birth preparation aspect of the course is around 8 hours long – and totally bingeable in a weekend or over the course of a few evenings.
Mama, you deserve to feel calm, excited, and actually ready for labor to start – there is time!
Is this class HSA/FSA eligible or covered by insurance?
All Birth It Up classes (Natural, Epidural, and C-Section) are eligible for HSA/FSA reimbursement under most insurance plans. Be sure to ask your insurance provider about coverage and documentation requirements.
Some insurance plans may cover the cost entirely or reimburse a portion of the class enrollment. We’re happy to see legislation changing on this at the state level – with more than 14 state Medicaid plans covering the cost of childbirth education.
Reach out to your insurance provider directly to find out about your unique situation.
If you need documentation or information from us for your reimbursement simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have a question that’s not answered in the class?
We’re not going to leave you hanging! You can post your question in the private Birth It Up Facebook Group associated with the class. It’s an amazing aspect of enrolling in a class and is moderated by our team of labor and delivery nurses.
Or you can shoot us an email directly at email@example.com
What if I change my mind about what kind of birth I want, or need a scheduled C-section?
No problem at all! We will swap you into a different birth class for free.
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I’m unhappy with the class?
We offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
If you are at all unhappy with your class, simply contact email@example.com for a full refund.
We honor refunds outside of the 30-day window on a case-by-case basis to cover extenuating circumstances