WELCOME TO THE MOMMY LABOR NURSE PODCAST!
In this episode, I interview my friend Jeanice all about pelvic floor sexual health!
Here are the questions we go over!
- Ok, so what exactly happens during pregnancy, and during delivery, to disrupt sexual health?
- Let’s start talking about postpartum sex, how long should I wait?
- Should it hurt at all? What should I do if it does?
- Give me your best tips for having a pain-free experience
- When should I seek help from a pelvic floor specialist? How do I even find one?
- What should I expect a typical visit to look like? How long does the treatment typically last?
- I’m SO embarrassed (and nervous/scared), and I can’t even think about going to a pelvic floor specialist..what should I do?
- Sex has never really felt great to me, and now that I’ve had a baby it’s worse & painful, is this something that pelvic floor therapy can help?
- Any last tips you have for moms struggling with sexual health after pregnancy?
Jeanice Mitchell has been a pelvic therapist since shortly after the birth of her first son in 1999. She is passionate about connecting people with pelvic health using fun and engaging resources. She started myPFM in 2019 in order to reach more people with hope and help. myPFM is a global non-profit pelvic health awareness campaign with the vision of “Pelvic Health for All. Everyone. Everywhere. Every Language.”
You can find Jeanice on social media here:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFfloD1PWUhP_IlWbt9ZvWA?view_as=subscriber
- Instagram: @mypelvicfloormuscles
- Website: mypelvicfloormuscles.com or myPFM.com
Listen to the FULL episode above for alllllll the details!
This episode of the MLN Podcast was sponsored by Pebble!
Did you ever notice that women are monitored closely for 40 weeks of pregnancy, but once we have our babies we’re sent home with no follow-ups aside from one short visit 6 weeks later? Sadly, our healthcare system falls short in providing postnatal care for the very typical challenges nearly every mother encounters after birth. Our bodies don’t just “snap back” as most of us assume, and postpartum health outcomes impact a mother’s overall future health, as well as the health of future pregnancies.
Pebble is reinventing the postpartum care experience. Through their website, book live video appointments with top-rated pregnancy and postpartum healthcare specialists all from the comfort of home – because, let’s face it, it can be tough to get out of the house with a newborn!
Pebble’s new, first-of-its-kind, comprehensive postnatal care program is designed to provide all you need to support your recovery from childbirth and see to your successful transition to motherhood. Pebble Complete Care highlights include:
✔ 1 on 1 Care through 30-60 min virtual appointments with your dedicated Care Partner
✔ Education: Learn about what to expect BEFORE it happens
✔ Emotional Wellness: Ongoing emotional support and screening for postpartum depression/anxiety
✔ Physical Recovery: Visit a Women’s Health Physical Therapist to check for complications (this usually goes unidentified and pops up later!)
✔ Breastfeeding Help: Ongoing education and support – they’ll even send a lactation consultant (IBCLC) to your home!
✔ Partner Support: Involve your partner to support their own transition to parenthood
✔ Unlimited Access: Unlimited messaging with your Care Partner
✔ Peer Community: Join a group of peers going on this wild ride of motherhood alongside you!
Visit www.pebbleparents.com to schedule a free call to learn more. And for our listeners they’re offering an amazing discount – use code MLN200 to get $200 off the Complete Care program!