In this episode, I interview my friend Tanya! She is the Complete Care, Program Director of Pebble, an amazing online company that allows moms to receive postnatal care from the comfort of home!
These are the topics we go over!
- The Postpartum Care Gap
- Where our current healthcare system is falling short (lack of education, absence & fragmentation of care, accessibility challenges, etc)
- What’s at stake (high rates of PMADs, pelvic floor dysfunction, maternal mortality/morbidity rates, etc)
- Why no one talks about it
- Why postpartum care is needed
- What physical & emotional challenges new mothers experience in typical postpartum period
- What complications can arise that could greatly benefit from early identification
- ACOG 2018 Committee Opinion advocating for better postpartum care
- OB community recognizing where the system falls short
- The challenge of implementing their own recommendations
- Pebble as a new paradigm for postpartum care
- How Pebble checks all the ACOG boxes
- How Pebble overcomes the barriers to care typically experienced by new moms (comprehensive care management; increased ease/accessibility through video appointments)
Mommy Knows Best
Today’s episode is sponsored by Mommy Knows Best!
Mommy Knows Best empowers all moms with the tools and resources necessary to give your newborn the best start in life! From an assortment of delicious lactation cookies to supplements and beyond, their products contain all natural herbal remedies traditionally and effectively used for generations to treat low milk supply.
Whether you’re a new mom or a pro, Mommy Knows Best gives you plenty of options, all of which are created with the health and safety of both baby and mom in mind.
Plus, I’m really excited to tell you they just added a new gluten and dairy free lactation cookie mix this week!
Use code: LABORNURSE10 to get 10% off all Mommy Knows Best products valid at MommyKnowsBest.com!