WELCOME TO THE MOMMY LABOR NURSE PODCAST!
In this episode, we dive into all things baby sleep! If you don’t already know, Andrea and I are actually coming out with a BRAND NEW baby sleep program in ONE WEEK! (November 18th, 2019)
We’ve worked super hard on this program, and we are super excited to bring it to you! This podcast episode is just a sneak peek into what the program will entail, AND Andrea is answering some of the most common sleep-related questions!
Here are the questions we go over!
- When should I start thinking about prepping for a newborn in regards to sleep? What sort of things should I do to prepare? Read books, take a class, talk to parents etc?
- What are some common sleep cues a newborn will give me to let them know they are sleepy
- Why do you do what you do?
- My baby seems to only want to sleep for 30-45 minute naps at a time…why do some babies sleep for 2-3 hours? Why won’t my baby sleep longer?
- Cry it out makes me so nervous and I can’t even think about “sleep training” my baby, but I really want to sleep! What do I do?
- My family seems to think I stress out too much about baby sleep but I can’t stop- what should i do?
- When do babies start to sleep longer than 2-3 hours at a time? Mine is still waking up consistently through the night to breastfeed- 7 weeks
- My baby sleeps great at night, 6 hr stretches, but during the day his naps are awful, when will the day time sleep get better?
- How do you know when your baby is ready to start giving up naps? How do you even do that?
Hi! I’m Andrea! As an elementary school teacher, I quickly learned that every child is a unique individual, no matter how small. Some require more firmness to succeed while some need gentler approaches to help them achieve their goals. While all babies are capable of learning how to sleep on their own, each family has different ways of teaching and no one method will fit every family’s needs.
When consulting with a family I strive to find a plan that will best suit them, using my repertoire of successful methods to get baby dreaming.
I love sleep. When my first teeny tiny son was born, he took my sleep!
I found myself in a new world of anxiety as I did everything I could to ensure his wellbeing. New motherhood was scary, and I started to be someone I didn’t recognize as we struggled with sleep deprivation. My mood was constantly low and I worried I was slowly falling deeper into PPD and PPA with every passing sleepless morning. So I decided to do something about it.
I started researching. I read every book and article I could find about baby sleep. I spent countless hours perusing sleep philosophies and successful programs… until finally, I realized it was more than just an interest. I realized that Baby Sleep Science FASCINATES me.
As I successfully navigated through my baby’s new milestones and sleep regressions, always working to get him the best possible sleep, I realized I wanted to help other families do the same. There are priceless benefits for a baby that gets quality, restful sleep, and I want to help as many babies get that. So I sought out and completed my Sleep Consultant Certification and started reaching out to families. Although running a business and marketing myself is not my favorite thing, happy, sleeping families ARE my favorite thing, so I could not be in a better place!
You can find Andrea on social media here:
Listen to the FULL episode above for alllllll the details!