In this episode, we dive into all things car seats! As you know, car seat safety so so crazy important!
Here are the questions we go over!
- If I am just bringing my baby home from the hospital, let’s go over the basics when buckling baby in?
- Talk to me about the “pinch test”
- What about my baby’s head and how it hangs? I’m concerned he can’t breathe!
- So, how do I buckle my baby in with a coat? What if he is cold?
- What about sleeping babies in car seats? How long is that ok?
- Rear-facing vs. Front Facing – what are the biggest safety concerns? When is it safe to switch my child to front-facing?
- I’m concerned my baby’s legs are bent too much and he is uncomfortable rear-facing? (Let’s debunk that myth lol)
- Where should I go or who should I contact if I need help installing my car seat and/or making sure my baby is buckled in?
- Any last tips you have for moms!
Nationally Certified Car Seat Safety Technician, Michelle Pratt is in the trenches of raising young kids. Back in 2013 as a first-time parent, there were so many lessons she had to learn quickly. She’s been where you are — unsure of whether her children are safe, feeling overwhelmed and needing a bit of guidance. Naturally, she prioritized safety but found very little support around one critically important aspect: car seats. So, Michelle took matters into her own hands and became the expert she needed. Now, she gives parents peace of mind that their most precious cargo is as safe as possible.
Safe in the Seat handles all things car seats, including custom car seat selection, phone-a-friend inquiries and support, and full car seat installation and consultations—in office, in home or virtual. Follow @safeintheseat on Instagram and sign up for her newsletter at safeintheseat.com to keep up with Michelle’s online courses, car seat tips and tricks, and a mama who just gets it. Michelle is a proud mom of two and lives in South Tampa with her kiddos and husband, Cal.
You can find Michelle on social media here:
Uqora is a female-founded company focused on UTI prevention! Uqora does not contain cranberry or cranberry supplements, nor antibiotics-all of the ingredients are found in nature and are safe (specifically GRAS – Generally Recognized As Safe by the US FDA).
They sent me their Target drink mix, which flushes out new bacteria introduced to the urinary tract after activities like sex or exercise. Drink Target after the activities that trigger your UTIs! Target helps by:
- Binding to bacteria and increasing urinary flow to flush bacteria out
- Alkalizing the urine which slows bacterial growth.
- Boosting your immune system!
1) Target binds to bacteria, preventing them from attaching to the wall of the urinary tract. D-mannose aids in this process. Bacteria can then be flushed out of the urinary tract during urination.
2) Target uses Vitamin B6 – a safe and gentle diuretic – to increase urinary flow and eliminate the free-floating bacteria. Potassium, calcium, and magnesium salts help balance this diuretic process.
3) Target alkalizes the urine, making it more difficult for bacteria to grow. Immune cells and other proteins, which help combat UTI-causing bacteria, function better in a more alkaline environment. Urinary alkalinization also eases the symptoms of bladder irritation and discomfort associated with UTIs and Interstitial Cystitis (IC).
4) Target boosts the immune system at the right time using Vitamin C, which has antioxidant properties demonstrated to support immune system function and slow bacteria growth.
It’s really great, and it tastes yummy too! To check out Uqora’s Target drink mix, click here!
Use the code MOMMY15 to save 15% 🙂