In this week’s episode, I am going to answer two questions submitted by mamas to the MLN listener line!!
The first question is from Sarah, who is currently pregnant and looking for more information about placenta previa! I love this question because it is actually pretty common to get told you have a previa at your anatomy scan – but there is still a LOT of time for it to move. Listen in as I answer her question and educate about previas in general!
The second question will have us shifting to postpartum to talk about what’s normal and what’s not when it comes to rib pain after birth.
And if you want to listen to another ask me anything style episode after this one, check out episode EP137: Ask Me Anything About Labor and Delivery!
If YOU want to submit a question to be answered on an upcoming show, simply call 919-213-8719 and leave a voicemail!
A peek at the questions we covered:
- Where does the word ‘previa’ come from?
- What is a placenta previa?
- What are the different types of placenta previa?
- What does a marginal placenta previa mean?
- How does the placenta grow with the uterus?
- What happens if you get diagnosed with placenta previa?
- How does it affect the cervix and vaginal bleeding?
- Why might rib pain be a thing after you have a baby?
- How to get relief from rib pain?
- Does breastfeeding worsen rib pain?
- How is posture related to rib pain?
Overwhelmed by the amount of pregnancy info out there?
CLICK HERE to get helpful and supportive tips, info, and resources from an L&D nurse sent straight to your inbox every week, and never sort through search results again!
Have an even better birth!
CLICK HERE to learn more about our online birth classes that will help you feel prepared and in control – no matter how you deliver.
And be sure to follow @mommy.labornurse on Instagram to join our community of over half a million for education, tips, and solidarity on all things pregnancy, birth, and postpartum!