The week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast we have a very special guest – the incredible Dr. Rebecca Dekker from Evidence Based Birth®!
Rebecca is a renowned expert in the field of evidence-based maternity care, with a PhD in nursing. She’s dedicated her life to being a full-time entrepreneur and patient advocate for evidence-based care.
In this episode, we’ll be exploring the topic of natural labor induction and examining the evidence behind various methods. We’ll be distinguishing between techniques that might “throw you into labor” and those that gently encourage spontaneous labor over time. And of course we’ll talk about pros, cons, safety and more!
And after this episode, check out EP77: Why It’s Important to Prep Your Body for Labor for even more info on how to get your body ready for delivery!
A peek at the questions we cover:
- What natural labor inductions methods have been researched?
- Are there methods that show promise but haven’t been researched?
- What’s the difference between methods affecting cervical ripeness and those that cause uterine contractions?
- What are the potential benefits of drinking red raspberry leaf tea?
- What is the Miles Circuit, and is it effective as a natural labor induction method?
- Can nipple stimulation induce labor?
- Are there any risks in naturally inducing labor?
- Are there any specific factors that might influence the success rate?
- What should be discussed with a healthcare provider before trying any of these methods?
- Is there a time when natural labor induction is off the table?
Want to feel more in control of your birth experience?
No matter how you plan to deliver, the FREE Birth Prep Guide is here to help you prepare.
Have an even better birth!
CLICK HERE to learn more about our online birth classes that will help you feel prepared and in control – no matter how you deliver.
And be sure to follow @mommy.labornurse on Instagram to join our community of over half a million for education, tips, and solidarity on all things pregnancy, birth, and postpartum!
About Dr. Rebecca Dekker
Rebecca Dekker, a nurse with her PhD, is the founder and CEO of Evidence Based Birth® and the author of “Babies Are Not Pizzas: They’re Born, Not Delivered!” Previously, Dr. Dekker was an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of Kentucky. In 2016, she shifted gears to focus full time on the mission of Evidence Based Birth.®
Dr. Dekker and Team EBB are committed to creating a world in which all families have access to safe, respectful, evidence-based, and empowering care during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. They do this by boldly making the research evidence on childbirth freely and publicly accessible. Dr. Dekker is also host of the Evidence Based Birth® podcast, with more than 4.5 million downloads!
You can learn more about Rebecca and Evidence Based Birth® below.