This week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast I’m doing an episode all about postpartum prep!
Preparing for postpartum is a monumental task, but one that often gets overlooked. As a labor and delivery nurse, I am ALL about getting you prepared for birth. But in my opinion, preparing for birth ALSO means preparing for postpartum.
Because when it’s all said and done, you’re going to have a newborn to take care of, and YOU are going to be an entirely new person as well.
Inside of today’s episode, we’re going to unpack what you can do during pregnancy to prepare for postpartum including education, supplies, mindset tips, and more.
Getting educated for birth is so, so important, but truly, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t make sure you were ready for postpartum too.
Here are the topics I cover in this episode:
- Why are there so few resources about postpartum and recovery?
- Why should you be prepared for postpartum?
- What is normal and abnormal during postpartum?
- What are the signs of preeclampsia?
- Tips for your physical postpartum recovery
- How do you prepare for postpartum with your partner?
- How can you prepare for childcare?
- What should your support system look like?
Motif Luna Breast Pump
Are you in search of the perfect pump for your breastfeeding days? Proven to provide more milk in less time, the Motif Luna is a powerful breast pump that’s built for modern motherhood and covered by insurance. With a battery-powered or non-battery version, the Luna is perfect for today’s busy mom.
Click HERE to learn more about the Luna and order one for your breastfeeding and pumping journey. And as a special offer for MLN podcast listeners, you can get 15% off site-wide, including the Luna plus all supplies and accessories with code: MLN23. Some exclusions may apply.