This week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast I’m coming at you with a good old ask me anything style episode. If you’ve been around the MLN community for a bit, then you probably know that every Sunday I answer questions on my Instagram Stories about anything related to pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum, and beyond.
Hundreds of questions come in every week, and I can never get to them all. So for this episode, I pulled some questions I didn’t get to and addressed them here! There’s a good mix of questions in this episode covering epidurals, sex in pregnancy, water birth, milk supply, and more! Ready to get started, let’s dive in!
Questions Covered in the Episode
- When I got my epidural I got uncontrollable shakes, what is this, and do you know if this is likely to happen again?
- What happens if I pass out while giving birth? Historically my body peaces out on pain
- Tips on healing from a C-section?
- Can I do anything to increase my milk supply before birth?
- My mom got an enema before her birth so she didn’t poop herself…is this still a thing?
- Will I feel a warning before my water breaks? How will I know?
- My partner and I had sex and I bled a little bit after. I didn’t think that was normal, is it?
- Do all hospitals have water birth as an option? Do they have tubs?
- Does the statement, “labor generally progresses faster in subsequent deliveries” apply when you’ve only had C-sections?
- How many C-sections are generally safe to have?