This week I am back to answer your most embarrassing birth questions, part 2! I had so much fun with last week’s episode, I just had to come back and answer more of your questions because we got so many good ones!
Not only are these “Ask Me Anything” style episodes fun, but it’s my hope that they are really informational and educational for you as well. We all have questions that we might be a little embarrassed to ask our provider (even I do!), but have no fear, I’m here to unpack it all.
Stay tuned for next week!
On next week’s episode, I chat with OBGYN Dr. Nicole Rankins on what it’s like to be an OBGYN, doula care, midwifery care, and much more! You definitely don’t want to miss this one!
Questions covered in the episode
- How common is pooping and peeing during birth?
- How do I clean up all the stuff after birth?
- What happens if I get diarrhea in a birth pool?
- How do I pee in a catheter? Does it come out whenever, or do I have to push it out?
- How often do moms have urinary retention after getting an epidural?
- Is it difficult to pee during labor?
- I pooped 3 times – is that normal?
- What are your tips for first postpartum poop pain?
- What if I don’t have control of my bladder and pee during contractions?
- Is it normal for my provider to put their finger in my butt while I am pushing?
- How common is it to fart during pushing?
Related episodes and resources discussed in this episode:
- Episode 20: Liesel Answers Your Most Common Breastfeeding Questions – Part 2
- Episode 137: Ask Me Anything About Labor and Delivery
- Episode 155: Ask Me Anything About Pregnancy and Birth
- Episode 161: Your Most Embarrassing Birth Questions Answered – Part 1