This week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast I am joined by the amazing Dr. Nicole Callaway Rankins who you may know from her very popular pregnancy podcast, All About Pregnancy and Birth Podcast!
Similar to Mommy Labor Nurse, Dr. Rankins offers amazing, online resources for pregnant women because she too knows what a critical role education plays in a woman’s ability to advocate for herself during birth and reduce any sense of fear or anxiety she may have.
On today’s show, Dr. Rankins is going to share with us more about what it’s like to be an OBGYN, memorable moments from her years of practice, thoughts on doula and midwifery care, a bit of birth advice, and more.
Here’s a look at what we talked about
- What is your official job title, and what does that mean?
- What was your first exposure to the world of L&D?
- When did you decide/know you wanted to become an OBGYN?
- What do you like most about being an OBGYN? What do you like least about being an OBGYN?
- What is your L&D “superpower”?
- Can you share one or two of your most memorable moments from working in L&D?
- What are your thoughts on doula care for birth? Do you see a lot of birth doulas in your hospital?
- What are your thoughts on midwifery care? Are there midwives that work in the hospital where you work?
- What would you tell our listeners to help them prepare for birth, if you could only tell them one thing?
- Where can our listeners get more from you?
About Dr. Nicole Rankins
Dr. Nicole Calloway Rankins is a board-certified, practicing OBGYN and mom of 2 who empowers first-time moms to feel calm, confident, and empowered for pregnancy and birth. In her over 15 year career she’s helped more than 1,000 babies into this world and has demystified pregnancy and childbirth for thousands more women through her popular podcast All About Pregnancy & Birth, which has been downloaded over 1.25 million times.
She regularly shares holistic, evidence-based pregnancy and birth info with her community of 19K+ on Instagram @drnicolerankins, and has served thousands of moms-to-be through her online birth plan class, Make A Birth Plan The RIGHT Way, and comprehensive online childbirth education class, The Birth Preparation Course.