This week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast we’re talking about stillbirth prevention. I know this topic can be very heavy and can provoke anxiety for a lot of mamas. It’s not something that anyone really wants to talk about.
But even though this info may make you uncomfortable, it’s SO important to discuss. As someone who has cared for mamas experiencing a stillbirth, it is not something I would wish on even my worst enemy.
So, bear with me as you listen to this episode, and remember I am NOT trying to increase your anxiety. Our goal at Mommy Labor Nurse is to bring awareness to this topic and help reduce the number of preventable stillbirths that happen every year.
Here you’ll learn about what stillbirth is, some statistics surrounding this tragedy, risk factors, and some actionable things you can do to help prevent stillbirth!
- This episode was adapted from our article, Stillbirth Prevention: Actionable Things You Can Do to Reduce the Risk of Stillbirth
- The information in this episode is largely gathered from the amazing organization, PUSH For Empowered Pregnancy
- Star Legacy Foundation: Stillbirth prevention information, Stillbirth resources, and support
- Count The Kicks: Information on kick counting
- Still Birth Day: Resources, education, and support
- MLN Podcast EP24: Juniper’s Story: A stillbirth birth story
- MLN Podcast EP63: What are the Realities of Poor Pregnancy Outcomes: An interview with the founder and director of Star Legacy Foundation
- @mommy.labornurse reel on stillbirth prevention