This week on The Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast, I am joined by my friend and fellow podcaster Dr. Mona from PedsDocTalk to discuss common newborn behaviors.
Dr. Mona Amin is a pediatrician and parenting expert who equips parents with the tools they need to thrive and feel confident in parenthood.
In today’s episode, Dr. Mona is going to go through 10 newborn realities that are actually very standard – things like hiccups, day and night reversal, and feeding volumes.
And after you’re done with this episode, you can keep learning about the newborn days with Dr. Mona. She was on my podcast way back in Episode 9 when she came on the show to answer your most common newborn questions.
Questions covered in this episode:
- Why is my baby’s skin peeling and what can I do about it?
- What is vernix and why is it important?
- What is cluster feeding?
- How to deal with your baby’s mixed-up sleep cycles?
- How to deal with breast buds and vaginal discharge in babies?
- Why do babies have purple/blue hands and feet?
- What is the Moro reflex and how to deal with it?
- How is the Moro reflex different from a seizure?
- How to deal with baby hiccups?
- Are hiccups in utero normal?
- What is periodic breathing and how to differentiate it from difficulty breathing?
- Is a baby’s cross eyes serious in the early months? When should you worry about it?
- What is the honeymoon period of sleep and how to deal with it when it changes?
About Dr. Mona Amin
Mona is a first-generation Indian American, born and raised in southern California. She attended UCLA for her undergraduate training, majoring in psychobiology (the study of how the brain affects our behaviors).
She went on to attend medical school at ATSU-SOMA in Arizona where she obtained her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree.
After medical school, she completed pediatric residency training at the Bernard and Millie Duker Children’s Hospital in Albany, New York.
She is a currently practicing Pediatrician where she sees babies and moms of every ethnicity and social circumstance.
She loves her work and sharing smart, helpful advice to make the motherhood journey a little easier and a lot more joyful. She’s built an inclusive and caring community of over 100,000 fans and followers on her various channels.
Connect with Dr. Mona
- Instagram: @pedsdoctalk
- YouTube: PedsDocTalk TV
- Podcast: PedsDocTalk Podcast
- Website: https://pedsdoctalk.com/
Motif Luna Breast Pump
Are you in search of the perfect pump for your breastfeeding days? Proven to provide more milk in less time, the Motif Luna is a powerful breast pump that’s built for modern motherhood and covered by insurance. With a battery-powered or non-battery version, the Luna is perfect for today’s busy mom.
Click HERE to learn more about the Luna and order one for your breastfeeding and pumping journey. And as a special offer for MLN podcast listeners, you can get 15% off site-wide, including the Luna plus all supplies and accessories with code: MLN23. Some exclusions may apply.