In this episode, my employees and I continue the conversation about my second postpartum experience with Ryland!
Here are the questions we go over!
- How was your bleeding within those first couple of days after giving birth?
- Can you tell us more about how your bleeding transitioned – from giving birth to now being 7 weeks postpartum.
- Let’s talk more about that 2nd degree tear. How was your recovery with that?
- What kinds of things did you do to help with the pain and discomfort?
- How do things feel now that you are 7 weeks out?
- How has your mental health been since having Ryland, and how does it differ from the postpartum stage with Walter?
- If you have been following Mommy Labor Nurse for a while, you probably know that Liesel had some struggles with breastfeeding Walter. Liesel, why don’t you just give us a quick recap of your breastfeeding journey with him.
- Knowing you struggled with a low supply with Walter, did you do anything during this pregnancy to help prepare your body for breastfeeding?
- Let’s talk about those first couple of weeks after Ryland was born – how was breastfeeding going? What did you do differently this time around compared to Walter?
- And now 6 weeks out from birth – how is nursing going?
- On Monday you went to your 6 week postpartum appointment. Can you share what exactly was done at that appointment?
- Now that you are 7 weeks out from delivery, what next?
- Overall how did the transition go bringing home a second baby? What did you think it was going to be like and how did the reality compare? Which was harder – bringing home Walter or Ryland?
- Any tips for moms out there you are going to be bringing a second baby home soon? How did you juggle having a toddler and a newborn?