If you’re here, I know you’re interested in learning more about pregnancy support bands and/or postpartum compression garments. And I’m glad you are!
You see, these types of products can help SO much with pregnancy discomfort and support you during postpartum healing.
And the worst part? Not enough pregnant and new mamas have pregnancy support bands and compression garments on their radar! The information isn’t out there.
Today, I’m going to talk about the benefits and uses for pregnancy support and bands and postpartum compression garments.
Specifically, I’m giving my full review of Motif Medical’s Postpartum Recovery Support Garment and the Pregnancy Support Band.
This way, if you decide that these types of products could benefit you, you’ll have a solid option to help you get what you need and find relief, fast.
Follow @mommy.labornurse on Instagram to join our community of over 640k for education, tips, and solidarity on all things pregnancy, birth, and postpartum!
Note: Motif Medical was kind enough to send these over to me, but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own
Pregnancy support bands
Motif Pregnancy Support Bands were designed by medical professionals. The whole thought behind pregnancy support bands is that they can help pregnant women stay active, comfortable, and supported during pregnancy.
These medical devices work by relieving pregnancy-related pressure from the abdomen, hips, and lower back to reinforce the body’s core.
This specific brand of pregnancy support belt is made from amazingly breathable fabric making it more comfortable! No one wants extra sweat going on during pregnancy, am I right?
It’s also adjustable which helps you adjust it to the right fit to maximize the redistribution of weight and overall effectiveness!
Experts recommend pregnancy support bands for use from three to nine months during pregnancy.
Pregnancy support belts are insurance eligible
And, many mamas don’t realize, THESE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE! Usually, it involves submitting a receipt and sometimes a prescription from your provider. Talk to your doc or midwife at your next appointment to figure out how to get yours covered.
Wondering if one can help you? Pregnancy support belts are especially helpful for mamas suffering from extreme pregnancy pelvic pain or diagnosed symphysis pubis dysfunction during their pregnancy.
Health benefits of Pregnancy Support Bands
- FDA Listed Medical Device
- Relieves pressure on the abdomen, lower back, hips, and pelvis
- Soothes pregnancy-related pain and discomfort
- Reduces sciatica (pain targeting the back, hip, and outer side of the leg)
- Improves posture
Specifics of the Motif Medical Pregnancy Support Band
- Choose your desired support, compression, and fit by adjusting the side tension straps
- The band easily adjusts to grow with pregnancy
- Discreetly wear under clothing or comfortably over clothing
- Soft, breathable fabric
- Machine washable
- Neutral white colorway
How to wear your pregnancy support band?
- Position the band with the padded inside and outer elastic straps on your lower back
- Secure the front of the band like a cradle for your baby bump! Typically the best position is just below your belly button
- Adjust the level of support and compression using the side tension straps. It should feel tight enough to lift your belly and relieve pressure, but not SO tight that you feel like a sausage, hah. You’ll know when you try it out!
- Bring your pregnancy support band with you to your next prenatal appointment! Your provider can help you get the right positioning and fit for optimal use
Postpartum compression garments
Medical professionals also designed the Motif Postpartum Recovery Support Garments. This is why I like to share this specific brand! This is the real deal you guys.
Postpartum compression garments provide structure to stabilize the stomach, back, and hips. The extra support provided from this medical garment works to improve posture while tightening and toning the areas most affected by pregnancy.
When to wear a postpartum compression garment?
These garments can be absolute lifesavers for recovery after birth! They are designed to better suit the needs of recuperating moms. Experts recommend wearing these between one week and four months postpartum.
This specific brand is made with lightweight and breathable Micro Net fabric. In fact, you can easily wear Motif Compression Garments right under your everyday clothes. You can’t even tell they’re on!
The best part? All Motif Maternity Compression Garments are insurance eligible, too!
Health benefits of postpartum compression garments
- FDA listed Medical Device
- Speeds up postpartum recovery time
- Delivers gentle compression to reduce swelling (edema)
- Stabilizes the abdomen with gentle support panels
- Relieves conditions like pelvic girdle pain
- Supports lower back and hips for improved posture
- Tightens and tones belly, hips, waist, pelvis, and lower back
Specifics of the Motif Postpartum Compression Garments
- Discreet and seamless under clothing
- Made with lightweight and breathable Micro Net fabric
- A snug and secure fit, without being uncomfortably tight
- Split crotch design for convenient trips to the restroom
- Contains silicone leg grippers to prevent the garment from riding up
- No zipping or buttoning. Easily step into and adjust straps, if needed
- Nude color
- 76% nylon, 24% spandex
The bottom line on pregnancy support bands and compression garments?
Not enough mamas are taking advantage of these!You can help yourself get through uncomfortable pregnancy pain and postpartum recovery with these!
If you are suffering from any of the serious pregnancy discomforts discussed above, definitely talk to your provider about pregnancy support belts! I know they’re going to help you get relief and you can probably get it free through insurance.
On the other end, as you heal from birth, postpartum compression garments can make all the difference while you are working to rebuild and rehab your core with postpartum and pelvic floor exercises.
Here’s to relief, mama! I’ve got you.