Are you curious about the Mommy Labor Nurse C-section birth class, Birth It Up: The C-Section Series? Then you are in the right place.
Here, I’m answering ALL your questions about this unique birth class so that you can understand what you get when you sign up PLUS why birth education is still so important for you as a C-section mama.
I know that birth education specific to C-sections doesn’t really exist anywhere else, which might make you think it’s not necessary.
But girl, as an L&D nurse who’s attended more C-sections than I can count, I know that education will make your experience more positive.
What’s more, Birth It Up: The C-Section Series will teach you about your unique postpartum recovery and how to care for your newborn, too!
We’re so confident then you’ll love the class that we offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee!
So, what do you say mama? You’ve got nothing to lose by uncertainty.
Table Of Contents
- Birth It Up: The C-Section Series FAQs
- What is Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
- What’s included with Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
- Mommy Labor Nurse C-section birth class curriculum
- How long do I have access to Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
- Who should take Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
- Do I need to take Birth It Up: The C-Section Series if I’m not having a scheduled C-section?
- Are Mommy Labor Nurse birth classes covered by insurance or HSA/FSA eligible?
- General questions about birth classes and online birth classes
- Will this class help if I am a second (+) time mom?
- Will this class help my support person?
- Does this class cover newborn care?
- Ready to get your C-section birth education on?
Follow @mommy.labornurse on Instagram to join our community of over 610k for education, tips, and solidarity on all things pregnancy, birth, and postpartum!
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series FAQs
What is Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is an online birthing class specifically created for women having a scheduled C-section.
We created this class to fill a clear gap in childbirth education. It’s here so that every woman, no matter how she births, has education available to her.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series answers every what-if so you can approach your birth with confidence and a sense of control.
When you enroll, you can expect to learn about:
- How to prepare for your C-section, research your provider, and understand why a scheduled C-section is best for you
- Every risk and benefit to a C-section birth
- When to call your provider in the weeks leading up to your C-section, and what to do if you experience preterm labor ahead of your scheduled procedure
- Every step of the C-section process, from arrival to the hospital to getting baby out through your hospital stay
- What to expect from your unique recovery process, with details for the first 8 weeks
What’s included with Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
- 6+ hours of video content covering the final weeks, birth, postpartum, and more
- Exclusive printables to support your education
- Bonus lessons to enhance your learning
- Private Facebook community for support
- Unlimited, lifetime access
- 30-day, money-back guarantee
Mommy Labor Nurse C-section birth class curriculum
Lesson 1: Welcome, Mama!
- Learn how to get the most of the class
- Receive a curated list of resources
- Access the private Facebook group
Lesson 2: Preparing For Your C-Section
- Find out what kind of research and prep work you should do before the big day
- Understand why a birth plan is still important for a C-section birth
- Receive guidance in creating a birth plan that you love
Lesson 3: C-Section Basics
- Get in-depth instruction on all the indications for a C-section
- Find out about external cephalic versions (ECVs) and if one may be an option for you
- Fully understand the risks and benefits of your C-section birth
- Learn when to call your provider in the weeks leading up to birth
Lesson 4: The Big Day
- Know exactly what to pack in your C-section hospital bag (with insight from veteran moms!)
- Get a play-by-play for the 24 hours leading up to your scheduled delivery
- Learn what happens when you arrive for the pre-op process
- Find out every single thing that will happen during your C-section to get baby out safely
- Understand how you’ll feel immediately after and what we’ll be looking out for in the PACU
Lesson 5: Postpartum Recovery
- Learn about the typical postpartum hospital stay after a C-section
- Get detailed info about your recovery in the first week
- Find out exactly when to contact your provider post-surgery for your safety
- Understand what to expect in the first 8 weeks of your recovery
Lesson 6: Partner Support
- A specific lesson JUST for partners to make sure they understand their role in your birth
- They’ll learn proactive things they can do ahead of the big day to help your mindset
- They’ll know how things will go down from their perspective for every step of the way
- They’ll find out exactly what they can do for you in your recovery process to support you physically and mentally
Lesson 7: Special Circumstances
- Learn what to expect if preterm birth happens to you
- Special module for mamas of multiples
- Get educated about magnesium sulfate and why you may need it
- Find out about the risk of postpartum hemorrhage
- Access a special lesson all about potential future pregnancies, births, and VBACs
Lesson 8: Baby’s Hospital Stay
- Know what to expect for baby in the first 48 hours after birth
- Find out what’s normal and not for your newborn’s appearance and behavior
- Get a detailed guide to newborn procedures, too
How long do I have access to Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
After enrolling, you have unlimited, lifetime access to your class.
This means you can enroll at any point in your pregnancy and access (or revisit) the course whenever the timing is right.
You can even access it again as you prepare for future C-section births!
Who should take Birth It Up: The C-Section Series?
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is for mamas who want to:
- Feel at ease about a birth experience that may be different from what they imagined
- Discover how to make their C-section birth feel less surgical
- Understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure
- Know how to advocate for themselves and their baby during and after their C-section
- Be educated about and ready for their unique recovery process
- Learn the ins and outs of newborn care
Do I need to take Birth It Up: The C-Section Series if I’m not having a scheduled C-section?
The quick answer – no! This class is meant for mamas having planned C-sections. You do not need to take this class in addition to one of our other birth classes (The Natural Series or Epidural Series) to get educated about C-sections.
Both of those classes have entire lessons dedicated to unplanned C-sections so that you will be prepared if that happens during your birth.
Are Mommy Labor Nurse birth classes covered by insurance or HSA/FSA eligible?
All Birth It Up classes (Natural, Epidural, and C-Section) are eligible for HSA/FSA reimbursement under most insurance plans. Be sure to ask your insurance provider about coverage and documentation requirements.
Some insurance plans may cover the cost entirely or reimburse a portion of the class enrollment. We’re happy to see legislation changing on this at the state level – with more than 14 state Medicaid plans covering the cost of childbirth education.
Reach out to your insurance provider directly to find out about your unique situation.
General questions about birth classes and online birth classes
When should I take a C-section birth class?
Let me start off by saying this: there is no wrong time to take a birth class! But if we had to pick – the very best time is at the end of your second trimester or early in your third trimester.
This will allow the information to still be fresh on your mind if you get to your due date, while also ensuring you’re prepared in the event of a preterm delivery.
With lifetime access, you can even do a quick refresher as you get closer to your delivery date.
However! If you’re past that point in your pregnancy – or only just found out you need to have a scheduled C-section – know that it is definitely not too late.
This class is totally binge-able, and you’ve still got time to get the confidence and peace of mind you’re craving.
What are the benefits of an online birth class?
- Access is 100% on-demand, meaning you can watch the lessons when they fit into your schedule
- Better retention of information! You can revisit specific lessons as needed, as many times as you want
- There are supplemental materials that accompany your online class
- You can choose a class that best suits YOUR needs and goals for birth
- There’s a community element in the form of a private Facebook group moderated by L&D nurses
- Your teacher is a practicing labor and delivery nurse who’s seen it all!
Evidence-based benefits of childbirth education:
According to research, women who receive childbirth education experience:
- Decreased fear about the delivery process
- Improved communication with your care providers
- Increased satisfaction with birth
- Reduced rates of postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety
Will this class help if I am a second (+) time mom?
We have had thousands of veteran moms take our online birth classes because they wanted to make sure things were different the second time around.
Birth It Up: The C-Section Series is a great choice for veteran mamas that have either never had a C-Section before, or who want to have a more controlled and calm experience than a previous, unplanned C-section.
If you’re unsure if this class will help for your specific situation, feel free to shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will this class help my support person?
Yes! We have a specific lesson addressing exactly how your support person can help. We also guide you on which lessons are most important for partners to watch.
What if things change and I end up planning for a vaginal birth instead?
No problem at all! We will swap you into a different birth class for free. Just email us at email@example.com.
Does this class cover newborn care?
Yes, it does! All three versions of our birth class – including this one – come with Newborn Basics 101!
This 2.5-hour bonus section will prepare you and your partner to hit the ground running as new parents.
Newborn Basics 101 will help you:
- Learn the ins and outs of diapering your baby
- Feel confident giving your baby their first bath and caring for their skin
- Get information about the basics of feeding your baby including high-level overviews of breastfeeding, supplementing, formula feeding, and bottle feeding
- Know all the tips and tricks to spot and manage burping, gas, spit-up, reflux, and allergies
- Find out about newborn checkups and development
- Learn what’s normal and what’s not when it comes to crying, pacifiers, and colic
- Be prepared to deal with your baby’s first cold or other illness
Ready to get your C-section birth education on?
Mama, I hope that you can see Birth It Up: The C-Section Series will give you everything you need to have the positive birth experience you deserve. I can’t wait for you to get started!