Hey there, mama! Whether you’re pregnant and researching breast pumps, or currently a pumping mama, this Motif Luna Breast Pump review is for you!
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to closely connect with your little ones during their early stages of life. But let’s be real; whether it’s going back to work or even just heading out for an evening, us mamas can’t always be on-demand milk machines.
That’s why owning a breast pump is crucial during this time in baby’s life!
As a labor and delivery nurse, breastfeeding is a hot topic mamas and I discuss in the delivery room. I like to recommend trusty breast pumps I know are easy to use, comfortable, and effectively gets the job done.
That’s why I’m so excited to share the motif luna breast pump review with y’all. I wanted to test this pump out to share with my patients AND I wanted to give you my personal opinion as a fellow breastfeeding mama.
My full Motif Luna Breast Pump review
First impressions of the Motif Luna Breast Pump
Immediately I noticed how sleek and pretty the Motif Luna is after taking it out of the box. The design is very simple and has only a few buttons!
This makes pumping a lot less complicated. There’s: mode, cycles, level, LED, and the power button. It also gives off an overall stylish appearance that was built for modern motherhood.
I also noticed how small and lightweight it is. The Luna Breast Pump is only 2 pounds! It is so easy to just stick this pump in your bag and take it wherever you need to go. It is built compact for mobility and easy pumping-on-the-go.
What’s included with your Motif Luna Breast Pump?
This is what is included in the package:
- 2 – 24mm Breast Shields
- 2 – Silicone Valves
- 2 – Backflow Protectors
- 2 – Tubing
- 2 – Milk Collection Containers
- 2 – Milk Collection Container Caps
- 2 – Milk Collection Container Covers
- 2 – Milk Collection Container Disks
- 2 – Bottle Nipples
- 1 – Power Adapter
It’s easy to use
Sometimes all of the new mom toys and baby gear can be an absolute headache to set up, – as if we don’t already have enough to deal with.
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the pump was to assemble. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Plugin the power adapter to the pump
- Connect the tubing to the backflow protectors and the pump
- Attach those protectors to the breast shields
- Attach the silicone valves to the bottom of the breast shields
- Screw on the milk collection container
Head to their website for more info on this, but seriously, it’s pretty much a plug and play situation once you see where everything connects.
The Motif Luna Breast Pump is seriously powerful
The Motif Luna has hospital-strength suction on the inside that allows mamas to pump more in less time!
Motif understands that pumping can be extremely stressful, time-consuming, and different for each woman.
They know that your time as a mother and woman are valuable so it is obvious that they put a ton of effort into a pump that is very efficient!
The Motif Luna Breast Pump is PERFECT for night pumping
One of my favorite features about the pump is how quiet it is! Most of us mamas know how loud and annoying some pumps can be.
The Luna Breast Pump pumps discreetly with only a 45-decibel hum – AKA quiet enough to not wake your sleeping baby!
It also includes a built-in LED night light with three different settings for those late-night pumping sessions and a backlit LCD screen. This screen makes it SO much easier on your eyes to read at any time of day.
Exclusive pumpers out there, this breast pump is CALLING YOUR NAME. I know waking up in the night to pump is the worst. But this pump makes it possible to do it in bed without waking baby.
It’s covered by insurance and totally affordable
The Motif Luna Breast Pump can be covered by your health insurance! How cool is that? The Affordable Care Act now requires health insurance plans to cover breastfeeding supplies and support.
This is so families can stress less when purchasing some of these expensive mama must-haves. It is definitely a win-win being able to own a high-quality pump at a lower price.
Other cool features of the Motif Luna Breast Pump
Motif Medical has listened to our mama needs, y’all. Here are some additional features the pump has that makes pumping SO much easier:
- Single or Double Pump – Pump how you want! If baby wants to nurse on one side while you pump on the other or if you want some double-pumping action, you are able to choose!
- Closed System – This breast pump has a closed system! This means that it has a barrier between milk collection and the motor, preventing damage to your pump or even worse – contamination by bacteria/mold/viruses!
- Auto Shut-Off – Turns off automatically after 30 minutes! I personally love this feature because whether I’m distracted with work or happen to doze-off mid-pump, I don’t have to worry about pumping longer than I need to be. Also, pumping more frequently throughout the day in shorter sessions can actually stimulate and build your milk supply!
- Massage and Expression Mode – These modes provide full control and maximum comfort. They simulate let-down by mimicking your baby’s natural nursing pattern and expressing milk from the breast with high efficiency!
The Motif Medical Pregnancy Support Band and other compression garments
Motif Medical was kind enough to send me some products from their Maternity Compression Line, so I am super excited to also review the Postpartum Recovery Support Garment and the Pregnancy Support Band for you mamas!
Postpartum Recovery Support Garment – Natural Birth
Motif Postpartum Recovery Support Garments were designed by medical professionals for new moms to help recovery after birth.
They provide structure to stabilize the stomach, back, and hips. The extra support provided from this medical garment works to improve posture while tightening and toning the areas most affected by pregnancy.
These Garments can be absolute lifesavers for recovery after birth! They are designed to better suit the needs of recuperating moms. They are usually worn between one week and four months postpartum.
Made with lightweight and breathable Micro Net fabric, Motif Compression Garments hide discreetly under clothing for a seamless, comfortable fit.
The best part? All Motif Maternity Compression Garments are insurance eligible!
Health benefits of Postpartum Recovery Support Garments:
- FDA listed Medical Device
- Speeds up postpartum recovery time.
- Delivers gentle compression to reduce swelling (edema).
- Stabilizes the abdomen with gentle support panels.
- Relieves conditions like pelvic girdle pain.
- Supports lower back and hips for improved posture.
- Tightens and tones belly, hips, waist, pelvis, and lower back.
Design & Fit of Motif Postpartum Recovery Support Garments:
- Discreet and seamless under clothing.
- Made with lightweight and breathable Micro Net fabric.
- A snug and secure fit, without being uncomfortably tight.
- Split crotch design for convenient trips to the restroom.
- Contains silicone leg grippers to prevent the garment from riding up.
- No zipping or buttoning. Easily step into and adjust straps, if needed.
- Nude color.
- 76% nylon, 24% spandex.
*Please consult with your doctor before wearing the Motif Recovery Support Garment.
Motif Medical Pregnancy Support Band
Motif Pregnancy Support Bands were designed by medical professionals for women who want to stay active, comfortable, and supported during pregnancy.
These medical devices work by relieving pregnancy-related pressure from the abdomen, hips, and lower back to reinforce the body’s core. Built for a discreet fit and made with breathable fabric, the band’s simple redistribution of weight provides incredible relief and comfort during everyday activities.
Recommended for use from three to nine months during pregnancy. And, yup – these are insurance eligible, too!
Health benefits of the Motif Medical Pregnancy Support Belt:
- FDA Listed Medical Device
- Relieves pressure on the abdomen, lower back, hips, and pelvis.
- Soothes pregnancy-related pain and discomfort.
- Reduces sciatica (pain targeting the back, hip, and outer side of the leg).
- Improves posture.
Design & Fit of the Motif Medical Pregnancy Support Belt:
- Choose your desired support, compression, and fit by adjusting the side tension straps.
- The band easily adjusts to grow with pregnancy.
- Discreetly wear under clothing or comfortably over clothing.
- Soft, breathable fabric.
- Machine washable.
- Neutral white colorway.
How to wear it:
- Position the band with the padded inside and outer elastic straps on your lower back.
- Secure the front of the band like a cradle, typically below your belly button.
- Adjust the level of support and compression using the side tension straps.
*Please consult with your doctor before wearing the Motif Pregnancy Support Band