Let’s face it. Pregnancy is HARD. That morning sickness makes eating a joke, and NOTHING sounds good. Enter the second trimester, and it starts to feel a little less painful (for most of us), but not for long.
The problems of the third trimester (swollen feet/hands, acid reflux, sleep problems, pelvic pain, #allthethings) remind you that pregnancy can actually be kinda miserable…at times.
There are TOO many things to keep track of – and let’s not forget how we have #preggobrain working against us. That’s why something like a pregnancy planner can be helpful.
We can’t be expected to keep track of everything, and this eliminates the need for it. It’s nine looooong months mama, and WE DESERVE to make it as easy as possible on ourselves.
That’s why I wanted to talk to you guys about something I’ve found recently. It’s a COMPLETE pregnancy planner called “Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner” (check it out HERE if you want!) that you can carry with you throughout your entire pregnancy.
If you haven’t already, please feel free to join over 300k new moms and follow me here on Instagram for awesome pregnancy + birth tips!
What is the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner?
This is a printable pregnancy planner that you can use throughout your ENTIRE pregnancy. It’s over 50 pages of planning templates that’ll help you prepare for having a baby, regardless of whether this is your first or fifth (although if it’s your fifth I imagine you have it down at this point).
The nice thing about it being an e-planner is if you lose it – you can always print it out again! I’m SURE I’m not the only one who loses track of things like that.
Anyway – here’s what this pregnancy planner includes:
- Trimester To-do Lists – for EVERY trimester to help you stay organized and know what needs to be done at each stage in pregnancy
- “Must Have” Checklists – These give you the essentials that you don’t wanna forget going into pregnancy, postpartum, or breastfeeding
- Provider Questionnaires – I remember being a little unsure knowing EXACTLY what we were looking for when choosing a childcare provider. These questionnaires will help you know what to ask when choosing an OBGYN (or midwife), pediatrician, and childcare provider.
- Hospital Tour Questionnaire – Aren’t sure what the important questions are regarding the place you want to give birth?? Trust me – THIS is important and they’ve collected all of the most important questions you need to ask.
- Maternity Leave Worksheet – If you’re a working mama, know that preparing for maternity leave is stressful. There are quite a few things that need to be put into place to make your break from the work life go smoothly.
- New Baby Budget Planner – Babies are EXPENSIVE. Did you know the average child costs 13,000 in just the first year?! Not trying to stress you out mama, and as long as you plan ahead you’ll be fine.
- Home Preparation Checklist– Getting your home ready for a new baby is definitely more than just covering those outlets. This checklist will help you make sure that you’re bringing baby home into the safest environment for them.
- Labor and Delivery Preparation Sheets – These sheets are GOLD. You’ll get a hospital bag checklist, a birth plan template, and a newborn feeding template.
- Newborn Care Sheets – It’s hard to get any sleep those first few weeks, so these sheets will help reduce the effort you have to make when caring for your newborn. They include a safe sleep checklist, sample sleep schedules, and a breastfeeding guide.
- Bonus Pregnancy Journal – This is a keepsake journal that helps you track the growth of your baby and gives you space to answer appropriate questions that you’re definitely going to want to document for later.
What are the Pros of the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner?
There’s definitely a LOT to love with this pregnancy planner. I’m going to go over some of my favorite things about it, then we’ll get into my not-so-favorite things.
One of my favorite things about this planner is how AFFORDABLE it is. It is one of the cheaper options on the market, and since it’s a digital product you can use it again and again. You’re paying less than $20 dollars for over 50 pages (that are pretty might I add) – so that’s a pretty great deal!
Related: 10 First Trimester Tips
I’ve also never seen anything like it in a brick and mortar store.
Sure – you can buy a pregnancy journal, but this combines a journal AND a planner so that you have everything you need. We WANT to remember our pregnancy (at least most of do some of the time) because there’s something really special about growing a little human inside of you.
But often what we really NEED is something to help keep us organized. With this planner, you get both of these things – and they’re both equally important.
It prepares you
Working as a labor and delivery nurse means I get to meet a lot of new mothers. Heck – they don’t even HAVE to come into my hospital for us to meet (I’ve virtually “met” a LOT of my readers). So many of them struggle with knowing what they want for their birth plan or end up becoming upset because their expectations did not meet the reality when it came to the hospital and their birth experience.
Related: Ultimate List of DIY Pregnancy Tests
Or they didn’t know the right questions to ask their OB, and they ended up picking someone that didn’t approve of them wanting a completely natural birth.
The problem is – you don’t know what you don’t know. And the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner will help make SURE that you know what you need to know.
It keeps away the overwhelm
There is an OVERWHELMING amount of information out there on the internet. You may visit 1,000 blog posts that talk about preparing your life for a baby, and it’s hard to know what information you ACTUALLY need to remember.
A pregnancy planner can help you keep track of what IS important – rather than wasting hours reading different blog posts, and STILL not knowing what you’re supposed to do.
The pregnancy planner has a simple design – but it’s still very pretty. I find that a lot of pregnancy planners/journals tend to be a little overdone or too bright in color, but this one is elegant and clutter-free.
Potential Cons of the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner
NOTHING comes without its cons, and I wanted to make sure I shared those with you as well.
You have to print it
In this digital age – a lot of new mamas don’t even have a printer. And not only that – printing things can end up being pretty costly depending on how you do it. This means a little extra work, and that may be too much for some mamas.
You have to purchase a binder
While I kind of think purchasing the binder is one of the FUN parts of a printable planner, it’s another thing that’s going to take up some of your time. If you don’t have a lot of that and the binder is important to you – you should skip it.
Some of it may not apply to you
This is true of ANY kind of planner you’re going to fill out. There’s going to be pages or recommendations that don’t apply to you, but at least you have the option to use all of these pages if you want.
Who is the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner for?
The pregnancy planner is probably most suited to the new mom who hasn’t had a baby in the past. After your first, you’ll have a much better idea of the things you need and what you want to do. Even a second-time mom may find this pregnancy planner useful, though.
If you struggle HARD from pregnancy brain and feel overwhelmed with #allthethings (especially if you have a toddler AND you’re pregnant), this would be a great option to keep everything in order.
Related: Midwife vs. Doula
Who is the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner NOT for?
It’s probably NOT for moms who have done this many times before, and don’t have a lot of questions, or they already KNOW what to expect. Alternatively, if it’s something where you don’t want to have to print something out or spend time finding a pretty binder – you may be better off picking up a pre-fab one at the store (although MOST of these do not contain the planning part).
Summing up the Oh Baby Pregnancy Planner
Overall, I do think this planner is an excellent option for the mother who feels overwhelmed and just wants a little more organization and control in her life. With trimester sheets, to-do lists, and hospital planning sheets – you’ll be able to avoid some of the disappointment or stress that naturally comes with being a first-time mom and not knowing the “right” things to do.
Having a baby is going to be one of the most special times in your life, and you deserve to do EVERYTHING you can to enjoy it.
Happy babymaking mama!