In this episode, my employees and I discuss my second postpartum experience with Ryland!
Here are the questions we go over!
- We ended the last podcast with Ryland being born. So we are going to kick this one off with what happened next: the placenta being delivered! Tell us how that felt in comparison to Ryland being born.
- Did you tear at all?
- We know that you didn’t have an epidural, explain the process of how they repaired the tear. How long did it take?
- Let’s talk more about the first 2 hours after delivery. What kinds of things were happening during those first couple of hours after Ryland was born?
- What are fundal rubs? Why are they important and what are the nurses looking for when doing them? Does it hurt to have your fundus rubbed?
- At what point did you try to latch Ryland on for the first time? How did that go?
- At the hospital where you delivered, the labor rooms are different from the postpartum rooms. At smaller hospitals many times the room you have a baby in, is also the room you stay in during the postpartum period. So you stayed in your labor and delivery room for about 2 hours and then transferred to postpartum. Tell us a little bit about what happened once you arrived to your postpartum room.
- How were the first 24 hours after delivery?
- 2nd degree tear recovery
- How were the first 24 hours after delivery for Bryan?
- How long did you stay in the hospital for?
- And how did introducing Walter to Ryland go? I know you prepared a gift for Ryland to give Walter – at what point did you give that to him?
- Anything you wish you would have done differently?
- At what point did you take Ryland to the pediatrician for the first time? What things happened at his first appointment?
- When did you take him back to the pediatrician?